[kepler-users] errors with PBS type queue submission workflow

Jianwu Wang jianwu at sdsc.edu
Thu May 23 11:15:41 PDT 2013

Hi Tristan,

     I don't have access to your cluster and code. So I cannot fully
reproduce your error. Here are my solutions. Please try it and see how
they work for you.

      1) JobSupportJobManager class error: it is because you should use
$JobManager, not JobManager for the StringConst actor before the
JobManager actor in job_manager composite actor.

     2) overflowed queue error: I think Dan already told the reason.
'Auto' setting of SDF director means unbounded when it is used inside of
a composite actor. You should set it to be "1".

     3) I also saw some errors in console when I open your workflows. It
complains "logFile" and "logFormat" are not found. I copied the
parameters "LogFile" and "LogFormat" in the top level and renamed them
to be "logFile" and "logFormat". The errors message are gone.

Best wishes

Sincerely yours

Jianwu Wang, Ph.D.
jianwu at sdsc.edu
http://users.sdsc.edu/~jianwu/

Assistant Project Scientist
Scientific Workflow Automation Technologies (SWAT) Laboratory
San Diego Supercomputer Center
University of California, San Diego
San Diego, CA, U.S.A.