[kepler-users] Kepler-2.3 Ljava/lang/String problems

JohanScholtz phdforensics at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 07:34:57 PDT 2013

I am running Kepler 2.3 using Linux Mint terminal commands

________

Issue 1:

Following the guidelines: starting Kepler2.3 and SensorView works fine,
when separately initiated in 2 terminals.

Start:

SensorView in terminal 1 .

Kepler 2.3 (Trunk) in terminal 2.

The last command in terminal 2 is    /ant run  - and Kepler2.3 starts
with SensorView functioning -- with Localhost connections.

But, when I start 2.3 and try to run any of my MyWorkflows it starts with:

/[Exception//
//
//Because://
//
//"
Ptolemy.util.StringUtilities.isB=ValidIdentifier(Ljava/lang/String;)Z "
errors.//
//
//...//
//
//Caused by:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:Ptolemy.util.StringUtilties.isValidIdenfier(Ljava/lang/String;)Z
]/

________

Issue2: (I should not bundle this in the same email...)

Using Kepler-2.4 in MAC works fine.

But when I go to ModuleManager and download SensorView, add a few sensor
actors and director- the ssh Localhost connection has problems?
With the same Localhost problems in Data Logger.

[/"Unable to connect to control port in .Unnamed1.Sensor Because Unknown
SPAN host:http://localhost"/]

Any advice please?