[kepler-users] First time kepler launching in nongui mode issue

Jianwu Wang jianwu at sdsc.edu
Wed Feb 20 13:47:23 PST 2013

Hi Piotr,

     You can disable the update checking step by setting a configuration
item in Kepler. It is the "check-for-patches" item at
$Kepler/module-manager-2.3.0/resources/configurations/configuration.xml.
Its default value is true. If you set it to be false and re-run the
command, Kepler will run in nongui mode without asking upgrade. My test
works.

     In the next release, Kepler will automatically ignore upgrade if it
is run in nongui mode.

Best wishes

Sincerely yours

Jianwu Wang, Ph.D.
jianwu at sdsc.edu
http://users.sdsc.edu/~jianwu/

Assistant Project Scientist
Scientific Workflow Automation Technologies (SWAT) Laboratory
San Diego Supercomputer Center
University of California, San Diego
San Diego, CA, U.S.A.