[kepler-users] First time kepler launching in nongui mode issue

pspyra pspyra at man.poznan.pl
Mon Feb 18 06:40:24 PST 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how can I run workflow (exported to xml) in
kepler-2.3 first time, in environment with no graphical interface.
That's how I make it (you can find empty.xml in attachments):
<path to kepler-2.3>/kepler.sh -runwf -nogui <path to directory with
workflow>/empty.xml

The issue is that when kepler is starting the first time, window with
modules upgrade is trying to appear.
In fact the window is trying to appear until the modules will be upgraded.
In environment with no graphical interface I get an error:

[null] Checking for patches...
      [null] Exception in thread "main" java.awt.HeadlessException:
*     [null] No X11 DISPLAY variable was set, but this program performed
an operation which requires it.*
      [null]     at
java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment.checkHeadless(GraphicsEnvironment.java:159)
      [null]     at java.awt.Window.<init>(Window.java:433)
      [null]     at java.awt.Frame.<init>(Frame.java:403)

Maybe I could upgrade all modules before starting kepler first time?
Or is there some other solution?

Thanks and regards,
P.S.

--
Piotr Spyra,
Poznan Supercomputing and Networking Center
e-mail: pspyra at man.poznan.pl