[kepler-users] Problems running workflows with newer revisions

Edward A. Lee eal at eecs.berkeley.edu
Wed Feb 13 20:20:24 PST 2013

This sounds like a threading bug.
If you would like to know how I feel about threads, read this:

http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/publications/papers/06/problemwithThreads/

If you are using only built-in actors, then it really would be great to
have reproducible example. And I would really like to fix it. If you
have custom actors, then we probably can't help...

Without a reproducible example, threading bugs are impossible to fix.
(sometimes even with a reproducible example they are impossible to fix).
Threads are a _really bad_ concurrency model. Sadly, they dominate
concurrency today...

Edward