[kepler-users] Issue while creating long list of parameters for an actor

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Fri Mar 23 08:15:22 PDT 2012

Hi Michal,
Now I understand.
You would like to use the ptII trunk with Kepler-2.3.
I'm not sure if it would work, but there is a good chance that it would.
Kepler-2.3 shipped with a ptII branch.

I'm not sure how to do this, a quick experiment with editing
build-area/modules.txt did not work for me.
The module system instructions are at
https://kepler-project.org/developers/teams/build/documentation/build-system-instructions#making-your-own-modules

One possible quick hack would be to replace your ptolemy-kepler-2.3/src
directory:
cd build-area
mv ../ptolemy-kepler-2.3/src ../ptolemy-kepler-2.3/src.orig
svn co https://source.eecs.berkeley.edu/svn/chess/ptII/trunk
../ptolemy-kepler-2.3/src

Personally, I think you would be better off using the kepler-devel trunk
instead of mixing the ptII trunk with Kepler-2.3.  It seems less
confusing to just use the trunk.

_Christopher

On 3/23/12 3:36 AM, Michal Owsiak wrote:
> Hello Christopher,
>
> This is my case, I use the same environment.
>
>> Under Mac OS X 10.7.3 with Java 1.6.0_29, and the Kepler devel trunk, I
>> don't have a problem.
>>
>> Under Mac OS X 10.7.3 with Java 1.6.0_29 and Kepler-2.3, I can reproduce
>> the problem with:
>> 1) ant run
>> 2) File -> Open, browse to CompositeActor.kar
>> 3) Right click on the Composite Actor, select "Configure Actor"
>> 4) In the Edit Parameters window, click Add, enter "test27", then
>> click OK
>> 5) Repeat until test49.
>>
>> So yes, the bug appears in Kepler-2.3, but is fixes in the devel trunk.
>> I'm unsure what you mean when you write:
>>> Is it possible to fix this issue inside trunk?
> > as the problem is already fixed in the trunk. Do you mean that you
> > would
> > like to see Kepler-2.3 patched to fix this problem?
>
> At the moment I am using Kepler 2.3 from the SVN. When it comes to
> Kepler itself I am using:
>
> svn co
> https://code.kepler-project.org/code/kepler/releases/release-branches/build-area-2.3
> build-area
> ant change-to -Dsuite=kepler-2.3
>
> and because I am behind firewall, I am using:
>
> mkdir -p ../ptolemy-kepler-2.3/src
> svn co -r 62419
> https://source.eecs.berkeley.edu/svn/chess/ptII/branches/kepler-2-3
> ../ptolemy-kepler-2.3/src
>
> In that case, is it that
>
> https://source.eecs.berkeley.edu/svn/chess/ptII/branches/kepler-2-3
>
> contains the trunk version? In case it is not a trunk, how can I get
> the trunk version of Ptolemy for Kepler 2.3
>
> Michal

ph: 510.643.9841                                (Office: 545Q Cory)
home: (F-Tu) 707.665.0131 cell: 707.332.0670