[kepler-users] Running a DOE inside of Kepler

Hogan, D. (GE Energy) D.Hogan at ge.com
Tue Mar 13 12:31:07 PDT 2012

Is anyone running a large DOE inside of Kepler where you expect some
failures?  I need Kepler to stop executing a particular point no matter
how it fails.  However, it should always continue with the next point.
What is the best way to handle this?

>From what I have read , the way to signal errors in Kepler is through
handleModelError() or throwing an IllegalActionException.  The former is
used when you want to be able to recover in the workflow hierarchy.  If
everything used model errors, this would be easy to handle in a
composite actor.  However, there are cases where I need to handle
IllegalActionException too.  For instance,
ptolemy.actor.lib.io.FileReader will throw an exception when it cannot
read the File/URL.  That should only kill a single point rather than the
whole DOE.