[kepler-users] How to run EcogridWriter from eclipse?

Derik Barseghian barseghian at nceas.ucsb.edu
Wed Mar 7 12:27:00 PST 2012

Yes, if your actor requires jars, the best approach is to publish it as a module, much like the DataTurbine actor module. Please take a look at the DataTurbine actor's directory layout and files, and read through the documentation about publishing a module or suite:
https://kepler-project.org/developers/teams/build/documentation/build-system-instructions

The build instructions also have some details about modules:
https://kepler-project.org/developers/teams/build/documentation/build-system-instructions#making-your-own-modules

If you go through the release process to publish/upload an actor module such as this to an SVN repository, other users can change to your suite and use it if they have configured Kepler to look in this SVN repository. By default the Kepler Module Manager is configured to look for modules in the kepler SVN. Which SVN used is controlled by the value in this file: kepler.modules/module-manager/resources/configurations/configuration.xml

Simpler actors that don't require a jar, e.g. a customized RExpression, Matlab, or Python actor, can be uploaded to the Kepler repository (and thus very easily and quickly shared with any Kepler user running the 'standard' kepler suite) by right-clicking on the actor in Kepler and selecting Upload to Repository. Other users then search the Kepler Components tab to select, download, and use it.

By the way, be sure to check the jars you require don't already exist in kepler. E.g. you can use "Open Resource" in eclipse to quickly search for things like *axis*jar.

Derik