[kepler-users] How to verify the DistributedCompositeActor?

Daren Thomas thomas at arch.ethz.ch
Tue Mar 6 08:38:32 PST 2012

I just created a simple workflow (see attachment) that counts up to
100 using the DistributedCompositeActore. The composite contains a
simple +1 to the input port and i use a sequence delay on the local
(master) side to seed the loop.

This works. But it isn't being distributed. I know, because it works
even if I remove the network connection - *so*, everything is
happening locally. I tried removing "localhost" from the list of
available slaves, but this doesn't help. Also, my other pc doesn't
show up in the list - I have to add it manually. I know I'm doing
something wrong here, but what?

Where do I register slaves? The master-slave pdf mentions a registry
service, but how do I set it up? Also, how can I ensure that a
component is run distributed?

Oh, and when we're done with that - can I have multiple slaves on the
same host? This would be great, since it would allow me to run a cpu
bound task on each of my cores...

Regards,
Daren Thomas