[kepler-users] Add new actor to my local Kepler library

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Tue Feb 7 11:19:29 PST 2012

Hi Muhannad,
I don't have an answer, but looking at
https://kepler-project.org/developers/teams/build/documentation/build-system-instructions#making-your-own-modules
yields information about making your own modules and suites.

>       *Suites*
>
> A suite consists of nothing more than information concerning the
> modules, including particular versions and locations, that will appear
> in a particular distribution. Making a suite is what allows you to get
> commands like *ant get* and *ant change-to* working with your
> particular distribution. Please note that for a suite to enable these
> commands in the current system, it must be uploaded to
> *https://code.kepler-project.org/code/kepler/trunk/modules/*.

BTW - Instructions for adding actors to the Ptolemy II library can be
found at
$PTII/doc/coding/addinganactor.htm
However, this won't help you with Kepler because Kepler users Kar files,
modules and suites.

_Christopher

On 2/7/12 9:01 AM, Ali, Muhannad wrote:
> any answers please?
>
> On Feb 6, 2012, at 7:50 PM, Muhannad Ali wrote:
>
>> Hi Christopher,
>>
>> thanks for your reply. I actually developed my actors according to
>> the link that you sent
>> (https://kepler-project.org/developers/teams/build/documentation/developing-a-hello-world-actor-using-the-kepler-build-system-and-eclipse).
>> The problem is: there is no instructions in that link on how to ADD
>> the actor to the library (all what the link explains is how to run
>> the Kepler using the hello-world suite). Suppose I developed another
>> actor HelloWorld2 (suite name hello-world-2) and used the same
>> instructions to run Kepler using the second suite (hello-world-2).
>> When I try to use the FIRST developed actor HelloWorld (suite name
>> hello-world) --> I cannot instantiate it.
>>
>> How could I run Kepler using two or more suites? is there a way to do
>> that?
>>
>> I hope the question is more clear now...
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Muhannad
>>

>> On Feb 6, 2012, at 4:50 PM, Muhannad Ali wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I have developed two actors in Eclipse, say ActorI and ActorII .
>>> When I run the Kepler using ActorII configurations, I cannot
>>> instantiate ActorI. How could I deploy my ad-hoc actor to MY local
>>> library (I don't want to let all Kepler's users to use it), so that
>>> I can use it later?
>>>
>>> I have check the documentation here
>>> (https://kepler-project.org/developers/reference/adding-a-new-java-actor-to-kepler-a-quick-tutorial)
>>> but I cannot find a "lib" folder under "$Kepler" directory, so I
>>> couldn't use it. Any help please?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> Muhannad Ali

ph: 510.643.9841                                (Office: 545Q Cory)
home: (F-Tu) 707.665.0131 cell: 707.332.0670