[kepler-users] Installing Kepler on Lion: finding R

Karin Nadrowski Leipzig nadrowski at uni-leipzig.de
Mon Feb 6 05:18:26 PST 2012

Unfortunately manipulating the environment.plist screws up a whole lot other applications, including my Aquamacs - R functioning (X11 does not start, the help does not start), and the Word Plugin of Mendeley (it does not execute).

There is a web page saying that environment.plist does not work with applications launched from spotlight, this applies to all applications launched from the application folder also, I guess.

http://www.digitaledgesw.com/node/31

So the solution given so far does not work for me. As soon as I rename the environment.plist file, the other software are functioning fine again.

Best, Karin.

On Jan 26, 2012, at 10:08 AM, Karin Nadrowski wrote:

> Dear Jing,
>
> thanks, it's running now.
>
> I used the following commands, as I'm not so fluent with vim:
> $>mkdir .MacOSX
> $>touch .MacOSX/environment.plist
> $>pico .MacOSX/environment.plist
>
> Not sure, where to send the mail so that it reaches the archive for others
> to read.
>
> Best, Karin.

Dr. Karin Nadrowski
Institut Biologie I - Special Botany and Functional Biodiversity; University of  Leipzig; Johannisallee 21-23; 04103 Leipzig;  Room 130; phone (0049) 341 - 97-38576; fax (0049) 341 - 97-38549; mobile (0049) 163 8640108; nadrowski at uni-leipzig.de; http://alfresco.uni-leipzig.de/spezbot/~nadrowski