[kepler-users] Python execution within the Kepler Python actor...

J. Marc Edwards marc.edwards at nimbisservices.com
Fri Nov 4 14:09:23 PDT 2011

I need a little help in integrating my Jython/Python code into the
Python actor.

When I double-click on the Python actor in the PythonDialogExample, a
window with the Python code appears.  I can of course edit the code from
within this window.  However, I want to perform my code development and
editing from within my Eclipse environment from my Kepler development build.

When I "open the actor", the beginning of the file has some Javadoc as
well as what appear to be some unmatched XML elements (<p>), along with
some matching XML element tags (</pre>) (does this correspond to some
pre-fire method?).

After this all of the Java code for the actor follows with the standard
initialize(), stop(), stopFire(), preinitialize(), terminate(), etc,
methods.

I do see in the Java code where there is a PythonScript method that
accepts a CompositeEntity where a script template is provided where I am
supposing a long Python string in the script.setExpression is defined.

However, what I would like to do is simply include my Jython module
within my Kepler build and debug my Jython code in connection with my
overall workflow.

Can someone tell me how to go about achieving this objective?

Thanks, Marc
--

J. Marc Edwards
Lead Architect - Semiconductor Design Portals
marc.edwards at nimbisservices.com
www.nimbisservices.com