[kepler-users] Pause Actor

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Thu Nov 3 12:50:51 PDT 2011

Hi David,
I could not get the Kepler-specific Pause actor to work.

I rewrote it so that your model works.

I've attached the updated code, and the new version is checked in to the
Kepler SVN repository.

To build Kepler from source, see
https://kepler-project.org/developers/reference/kepler-and-eclipse

_Christopher

On 11/2/11 4:24 PM, David LeBauer wrote:
> I am forwarding this email at the suggestion of Jianwu. In summary, I
> was wondering how I could get the pause actor to work. I have an
> example workflow in which it does not seem to pause the workflow,
> although the 'restart' button pops up.
>
> https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/dlebauer/www/pause_test2.kar
>
> Any advice would be appreciated.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> David
>
> Hi All,
>
>     If you look into the implementation of 'Pause' actor, it calls
> manager.pause(). I think the function is similar to push 'pause'
> button on Kepler GUI. This button works in some situations, but not
> all. And this button doesn't work for me in the workflow. I don't know
> under which situations it works.
>
> Hi Dlebauer,
>
>     I suggest you ask in kepler user mailing list
> (kepler-users at kepler-project.org) about the general pause question and
> this actor. Some other people in Kepler may know better about it.
>
> Best wishes
>
> Sincerely yours
>
> Jianwu Wang, Ph.D.
> jianwu at sdsc.edu
> http://users.sdsc.edu/~jianwu/
>
> Assistant Project Scientist
> Scientific Workflow Automation Technologies (SWAT) Laboratory
> San Diego Supercomputer Center
> University of California, San Diego
> San Diego, CA, U.S.A.
>

> On 11/2/11 2:51 PM, jing wrote:
>> Hi, guys:
>>
>> Yesterday Dlebauer posted a question about the Pause Actor on IRC. I helped him to add an "Equals" actor to transform an integer to a boolean. However, the Pause actor still couldn't stop the current iteration even though it offered a "Restart" button. Do you have any idea about the pause actor?
>>
>> The workflow stays at : https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/dlebauer/www/pause_test2.kar
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jing

ph: 510.643.9841                                (Office: 545Q Cory)
home: (F-Tu) 707.665.0131 cell: 707.332.0670