[kepler-users] Pause Actor

David LeBauer dlebauer at illinois.edu
Wed Nov 2 16:24:36 PDT 2011

I am forwarding this email at the suggestion of Jianwu. In summary, I
was wondering how I could get the pause actor to work. I have an
example workflow in which it does not seem to pause the workflow,
although the 'restart' button pops up.

https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/dlebauer/www/pause_test2.kar

Any advice would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

David

Hi All,

   If you look into the implementation of 'Pause' actor, it calls
manager.pause(). I think the function is similar to push 'pause'
button on Kepler GUI. This button works in some situations, but not
all. And this button doesn't work for me in the workflow. I don't know
under which situations it works.

Hi Dlebauer,

   I suggest you ask in kepler user mailing list
(kepler-users at kepler-project.org) about the general pause question and
this actor. Some other people in Kepler may know better about it.

Best wishes

Sincerely yours

Jianwu Wang, Ph.D.
jianwu at sdsc.edu
http://users.sdsc.edu/~jianwu/

Assistant Project Scientist
Scientific Workflow Automation Technologies (SWAT) Laboratory
San Diego Supercomputer Center
University of California, San Diego
San Diego, CA, U.S.A.