[kepler-users] [Fwd: Re: Kepler Repository Null]

tao tao at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu May 5 16:04:00 PDT 2011

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [kepler-users] Kepler Repository Null
Date: 	Thu, 05 May 2011 16:01:58 -0700
From: 	tao <tao at nceas.ucsb.edu>
To: 	Scott Zimmer <szimmer at optensity.com>

Hi, Scott:

I dug around this issue a while and found it out it was a search cache
issue in Metacat. Did you do an immediate search after you uploaded the
szalt4twittergraph?

I guess you did a search before Metadata finished its indexing during
the inserting (uploading), so the search didn't get the name of kar xml
and docid of kar file. The worse case is that the broken search result
was cached and it will persist forever.  The only way to resolve the
problem is to remove the cached item.

After I deleted the record of this document in the xml_queryresult table
(the search cache table), the search worked for me. You might make a try
as well. If you see any problem, please let me know.

I will file a bug about this issue.

Thanks,

Jing