[kepler-users] R installation for Kepler 1.0.0 on Windows (bis)

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu Jan 27 08:51:16 PST 2011

Hi John,

I think you missed option 4:
   - The list is filled with busy people and it slipped through the cracks.
Sorry.

But, to the point of your questions:

1) When we first shipped Kepler 1.0.0, there were two windows installers:
one with R included, and one without to keep the download sizes lower.  You
have the one without.  We don't ship the one with R because of the licensing
implications of mixing GPL code with our BSD licensed software.  You can of
course install it separately as you have done.
2) For R to work in Kepler, Kepler must be able to find it on the path.
 Your approach should work, but the Windows path is a tricky thing.  Have
you verified that you can run R from the command line and its found on the
path? I suspect you have a problem with the space in the path to R -- maybe
try quoting it, or try it with the 'Program Files' path component replaced
with 'Progra~1'.  In any case, if Kepler can find R 2.6.2 on the path, it
should work.

On a side note, why are you using Kepler 1.0.0?  Kepler 2 has been out for a
while, has a lot of improvements and bug fixes over Kepler 1.0.0, and is
supported.  There are known problems with the R support in Kepler 1.0.0 that
were fixed in Kepler 2.  Can you upgrade?

Matt