[kepler-users] Question WSComplexTypes

Héctor Fernández hector.2fernandez at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 10:15:54 PDT 2011

Hello,

I'm a beginner with Kepler 2.0 and Im trying to execute a simple workflow
which uses a WSWithComplexTypes Actor and SDF Director. I think I did
everything right, however when i execute this workflow I get the next error:

ptolemy.actor.sched.NotSchedulableException: Actors remain that cannot be
scheduled!

Note that there are many reasons why a graph cannot be scheduled:
* SDF Graphs with feedback loops should have an actor with a delay in the
loop, such as a SampleDelay.* The SDF director has an
"allowDisconnectedGraphs"parameter, which, when true, permits disconnected
SDF graphs.
* The token consumption rate and production rates might be mismatched.
Usually, actors produce one token or consume one token on a port.  To
produce or consume multiple tokens per firing, add a "tokenConsumptionRate"
or "tokenConsumptionRate" parameter to the appropriate port.
For details, see the SDF chapter in Volume Three of the Ptolemy II design
doc at http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/ptolemyII/designdoc.htm
Unscheduled actors:
.BlastProof.Display .BlastProof.WSWithComplexTypes
.BlastProof.WSWithComplexTypes>parameters.parameters
Scheduled actors:
.BlastProof.String Constant .BlastProof.String Constant2 .BlastProof.String
Constant3 .BlastProof.String Constant4 .BlastProof.String Constant5
.BlastProof.String Constant6 .BlastProof.String Constant7
    at
ptolemy.domains.sdf.kernel.SDFScheduler._scheduleConnectedActors(SDFScheduler.java:1740)
    at
ptolemy.domains.sdf.kernel.SDFScheduler._getSchedule(SDFScheduler.java:561)
    at ptolemy.actor.sched.Scheduler.getSchedule(Scheduler.java:188)
    at
ptolemy.domains.sdf.kernel.SDFDirector.createSchedule(SDFDirector.java:364)
    at
ptolemy.domains.sdf.kernel.SDFDirector.preinitialize(SDFDirector.java:641)
    at ptolemy.actor.CompositeActor.preinitialize(CompositeActor.java:1416)
    at ptolemy.actor.Manager.preinitializeAndResolveTypes(Manager.java:983)
    at ptolemy.actor.Manager.initialize(Manager.java:643)
    at ptolemy.actor.Manager.execute(Manager.java:340)

I've attached the workflow xml file because it's big to write it here.

Could anyone help me ?

Thanks in advance.

Best,
Hector