[kepler-users] Semantic Annotation, port bundling, and Suggest questions

Frank White fwhite at optensity.com
Thu Apr 14 12:45:56 PDT 2011

Hello All:
I'm want to make use of Kepler's (version 2.1) semantic annotation
capability to help users a) quickly find compatible actors, and b)
reduce  wiring mistakes.   For the later, I had intended to create port
bundles, and then associate a unique tag with each unique bundle type as
a way to support 'type mismatch' warning.  The way I read the docs, this
seems to be supported, but I'm having some difficulty figuring out the
mechanics of making it work.  I have used the tag manager to
successfully create a well-structured domain ontology, which includes
unique port tags.  I have successfully applied tags to actors and
individual ports.  I have had difficulty making port bundling work, i.e.
I can't see one once I have create it, and therefore haven't been able
to associate a unique port tag with a bundle.   I have applied the same
tag to multiple actors and then tried  Suggest->Similar Components,
which reports no similar components in actor library.  Similar results
for Suggest->Compatible Input and Output.

I would appreciate any suggestions or docs you might have.  Thanks!

Cheers,
Frank White

--
Frank White