[kepler-users] Call for Ptolemy Miniconference Poster and Presentation Abstracts: Due on 11/29/20

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Tue Nov 23 06:20:33 PST 2010

Just a reminder that abstracts for the Ptolemy Miniconference are due
next Monday, 11/29.

The abstract should consist of a title, the authors and a paragraph
that describes the work.  We will have both talks and posters, so
please indicate if you are submitting for only a poster.

_Christopher

On 10/13/10 6:08 PM, Christopher Brooks wrote:
> Call for Ptolemy Miniconference Poster and Presentation Abstracts
>

> What: Ptolemy Miniconference
> When: Abstracts due on November 29, 2010, Conference: February 16, 2011
> Where: Berkeley, CA
> More information: http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/ptconf
>
> Please submit proposals for posters and presentations to
> ptconf11 at ptolemy dot eecs dot berkeley dot edu
> by
>  >>>>November 29, 2010<<<<<
>
> The Ninth Biennial Ptolemy Miniconference will be held on Wednesday,
> February 16, 2011 at the University of California, Berkeley.
>
> (Note that the following day (Thursday, February 17, 2011) is the
> Berkeley EECS Annual Research Symposium (BEARS) which is a
> department-wide open house. We will host a poster session on that
> day.)
>
> The Ptolemy project (http://ptolemy.org) studies modeling, simulation,
> and design of concurrent, real-time, embedded systems. The focus is on
> assembly of concurrent components.
>
> The Ptolemy Miniconference is an opportunity for research
> collaborators and Ptolemy users and extenders from industry, academia,
> and government to get together, present their work to the Ptolemy
> community, and hear about related research and results. It is
> typically held every two years.
>
> In addition, the miniconference will act as an annual meeting for the
> Center for Hybrid and Embedded Software Systems (CHESS,
> http://chess.eecs.berkeley.edu).
>
> At miniconferences in the past we have had presentations and posters
> from organizations worldwide, plus members of the Ptolemy project
> describing current research at Berkeley.
>
> This year, we are focusing on Cyber-Physical Systems.
>
> Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS) are integrations of computation and
> physical processes. Embedded computers and networks monitor and
> control the physical processes, with feedback loops where physical
> processes affect computations and vice versa. The economic and
> societal potential of such systems is vastly greater than what has
> been realized, and major investments are being made worldwide to
> develop the technology. The technology builds on the older (but still
> very young) discipline of embedded systems, computers and software
> embedded in devices whose principle mission is not computation, such
> as cars, toys, medical devices, and scientific instruments. CPS
> integrates the dynamics of the physical processes with those of the
> software and networking, providing abstractions and modeling, design,
> and analysis techniques for the integrated whole.
>
> Topics of interest for this year include:
>
> * Applications of Ptolemy II
> * Model-based design techniques
> * Concurrency models
> * Applications of concurrency to multicore and distributed computing
> * Code generation for embedded systems
> * Model engineering methods
> * Models of computation
> * Workflow infrastructure
> * Model transformation
> [...]

ph: 510.643.9841 fax:510.642.2718	      (Office: 545Q Cory)
home: (F-Tu) 707.665.0131 cell: 707.332.0670