[kepler-users] Understanding Kepler at Java Level

Josep Morer Muñoz josep.morer at gmail.com
Thu May 20 08:56:30 PDT 2010

Yes, I am executing using command line inside Java but I want independency
between my application and the operating system where Kepler is running.

Thanks Ben, sounds interesting. Where can I find this workflow execution web
service for looking into it? I assume that it allow to set a parameter value
different than workflow default ones (as command line execution).

2010/5/20 ben leinfelder <leinfelder at nceas.ucsb.edu>

> Josep -
> I believe you can accomplish your first goal by invoking the "command line"
> as an external process from  your Java code. The workflow execution web
> service that Jing Tao helped develop essentially does exactly what you are
> aiming to do: load a KAR, execute the workflow in it, get the result KAR
> when execution finishes.
> For your second request, you'd probably have to dig much deeper into the
> Kepler/ptolemy code to add a parameter to the MOML after it was loaded.
> Perhaps the folks more familiar with ptolemy can point you in a good
> direction.
> -ben
>

> On May 20, 2010, at 3:16 AM, Josep Morer Muñoz wrote:
>
>  Hi all,
>>
>> I want know Kepler at Java Level to execute it inside a java program. I
>> have build all jar to use them into a java application. It will be useful if
>> someone give me an overview (just say me which java classes that I should
>> take a look) for using Kepler at Java code level. Can you give me some
>> orientation about:
>>
>> - Given a KAR Path, extract and execute the workflow and get result KAR as
>> the same way as command line (or clicking Play Button in the GUI). It will
>> be useful, I can change the input parameters value using java code before
>> execute it. Which classes have I take a look?
>> - Add an input parameter to the workflow when the model is loaded into the
>> memory. In other words, add a new parameter which is not previously in the
>> workflow XML.
>>
>> Congratulations for your work and thanks for your help.
>>
>> --
>> Josep

Josep