[kepler-users] XML-Schema

Bertram Ludaescher ludaesch at ucdavis.edu
Wed Mar 24 14:09:14 PDT 2010

Hi Christopher:

Thanks for sending the links!
I guess I should clarify my statement: When I said, I view MOML as an
internal format, I meant:
>From a Kepler POV, this is a format that first and foremost the workflow
engine needs to understand.
Also an actor or package developer may need to understand MOML.
But I don't expect the typical end users to understand MOML.
They want to run (and maybe design and evolve) workflows and in-silico
experiments focusing their attention e.g. on genomics, ecology, phylogeny
and the associated methods, algorithms etc.

Conversely, I don't have a good use case that would have them work with the
MOML directly (say looking at the file and editing it). For "workflow
engineers" (that put together packages, or new ways of doing workflows, etc)
this may be a different story.

cheers

Bertram