[kepler-users] When workflow's execution is finished, can actors' states be reported?

Bertram Ludaescher ludaesch at ucdavis.edu
Tue Mar 16 09:03:52 PDT 2010

Yes, I'm a fan of MonitorReceiverContents (thanks for implementing it
Edward! :)
It nicely shows the queue contents during execution. It also should show
"left over queue content".

Edward:
What is the set of domain for which this will (mostly) likely work?
(I'm primarily interested in SDF, DDF, and PN.)

Also, is it correct to assume that runs that have "left over tokens" are
still "valid" w.r.t. the Kahn semantics?
It would be interesting to define a declarative query or  integrity
constraint (to use database parlance) that checks queue contents after
execution. One could then declare certain runs as "incomplete", i.e., if not
all queues have been emptied.

On a related note:
When I do a search for "monitor" in a recent check-out of Kepler, I don't
see 'MonitorReceiverContents'.

Can we still add it? Maybe as part of a suitable module? Chad, David?

Bertram