[kepler-users] ERROR EXECUTING A .KAR FILE

Josep Morer Muñoz josep.morer at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 09:00:31 PST 2010

Hi all,

I am getting this error when I try to execute a .KAR that contains the
Regression Workflow (included in the examples) and another XML that
cointains the report's layout. When I execute it using kepler.sh I get this
following exception. Any idea? I do not know if I have generated the .KAR
correctly since I do not know what a sematic type means in Kepler.

urops at urops-laptop:~/KeplerLast$ ./kepler.sh
/home/urops/workflowsProvenance/05-LinearRegressionProvenance.kar -runwf
-nogui -nocache
     [null] /home/urops/KeplerLast
     [null] Found OS Extension file:
/home/urops/KeplerLast/apple-extensions/module-info/osextension.txt
     [null] Ran additional initialization for module gui from class
org.kepler.module.gui.Initialize
     [null] Ran additional initialization for module tagging from class
org.kepler.module.tagging.Initialize
     [null] Ran additional initialization for module provenance from class
org.kepler.module.provenance.Initialize
     [null] common tabpane configuration overridden by reporting
     [null] Ran additional initialization for module reporting from class
org.kepler.module.reporting.Initialize
     [null] loading: ptolemy.moml.MoMLCommandLineApplication args:
/home/urops/workflowsProvenance/05-LinearRegressionProvenance.kar
     [null] invoking: ptolemy.moml.MoMLCommandLineApplication.main
     [null] Command failed: com.microstar.xml.XmlException: expected
character (found "P") (expected "<") in
file:/home/urops/workflowsProvenance/05-LinearRegressionProvenance.kar at
line 1 and column 5
*     [null] com.microstar.xml.XmlException: expected character (found "P")
(expected "<") in
file:/home/urops/workflowsProvenance/05-LinearRegressionProvenance.kar at
line 1 and column 5*
     [null]     at ptolemy.moml.MoMLParser.error(MoMLParser.java:1057)
     [null]     at com.microstar.xml.XmlParser.error(XmlParser.java:448)
     [null]     at com.microstar.xml.XmlParser.error(XmlParser.java:459)
     [null]     at com.microstar.xml.XmlParser.require(XmlParser.java:2335)
     [null]     at
com.microstar.xml.XmlParser.parseDocument(XmlParser.java:480)
     [null]     at com.microstar.xml.XmlParser.doParse(XmlParser.java:159)
     [null]     at com.microstar.xml.XmlParser.parse(XmlParser.java:132)
     [null]     at ptolemy.moml.MoMLParser.parse(MoMLParser.java:1402)
     [null]     at ptolemy.moml.MoMLParser.parse(MoMLParser.java:1354)
     [null]     at ptolemy.moml.MoMLParser.parse(MoMLParser.java:1298)
     [null]     at
ptolemy.moml.MoMLCommandLineApplication.<init>(MoMLCommandLineApplication.java:128)
     [null]     at
ptolemy.moml.MoMLCommandLineApplication.main(MoMLCommandLineApplication.java:214)
     [null]     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)
     [null]     at
     [null]     at