[kepler-users] saving workflow in eps format

Peter Reutemann fracpete at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 17:41:18 PST 2010

> The bottom line in this case is that we can provide instructions
> for how to modify our source code so that you can export to PDF,
> but we can't actually provide the code that does that...

I'm not familiar with the Kepler code basis... But how easy would it
be to provide a plug-in mechanism for "print" modules. Users would be
able then to download these modules separately and enable print
support, without having to modify the code basis (merely placing a jar
in a "lib" directory and maybe making a small change to a props file).
It should be possible to provide a Java-based installer for this kind
of plug-in installation, I'd say.

> Unless of course we write our own PDF utility and put it under BSD.

A lot of effort, unfortunately.

Cheers, Peter
http://www.cs.waikato.ac.nz/~fracpete/           Ph. +64 (7) 858-5174