[kepler-users] FSMs and Modal Models

Jianwu Wang jianwu at sdsc.edu
Tue Jul 20 11:34:17 PDT 2010

Hi Oliviero,

     Please check Section 5.3.4 Saving Actors to Your Library of User
Manual for Kepler 1.0.0 on how to save actors and make them searchable.

     Directors are a little tricky since the above instructions only
work for actors. I think you have to do it manually. Please check the
KAR file content in Kepler-1.0.0\kar\directors\ directory. You need to
create similar KAR files for new directors (the things to be modified
are xml file name, the first property name in the xml file, the
'userLevelDocumentation' property in the xml file, the value of 'class'
property in the xml file, the lsid number in META-INF\MANIFEST.MF file).
I attached a sample FSMDirector kar file.

     So far, you should be able to see FSMDirector in the component Tab.
Yet its icon is regular actor icon. To fix the icon problem, you have to
edit
Kepler-1.0.0\configs\ptolemy\configs\kepler\uiSVGIconMappingsByClass.properties
file by adding the class of new director, such as
'ptolemy.domains.fsm.kernel.FSMDirector=director'.

     After the above steps, you also need to remove ~/.kepler directory
to make the created kar files to be effective.

     Please also check Section 10.3 Adding an Actor to the Local Library
and Section 10.4 Sharing an Actor: Creating a KAR File for more
information.

Best wishes

Sincerely yours

Jianwu Wang
jianwu at sdsc.edu
http://users.sdsc.edu/~jianwu/

Assistant Project Scientist
Scientific Workflow Automation Technologies (SWAT) Laboratory
San Diego Supercomputer Center
University of California, San Diego
San Diego, CA, U.S.A.