[kepler-users] Explanation for job submitter actor

Jianwu Wang jianwu at sdsc.edu
Tue Feb 23 22:22:38 PST 2010

Hi Santosh,

     Are you talking about Globus job submission actors? They are
basically client programs communicating server end Globus services.
Globus has their client APIs, which are used by these actors. You can
find the main client class provided by Globus at
http://www.globus.org/api/javadoc-4.0.7/globus_wsrf_gram_client_java/org/globus/exec/client/GramJob.html.

     If you want to know more, you had better play around globus toolkit
firstly. The globus 4.0 actors in kepler are based on globus toolkit
4.0.7: http://www.globus.org/toolkit/downloads/4.0.7/.

     P.S.: Like Bertram suggested, I also suggest that please explain
your questions and their contexts in detail to get more direct response.

Best wishes

Sincerely yours

Jianwu Wang
jianwu at sdsc.edu
http://users.sdsc.edu/~jianwu/

Scientific Workflow Automation Technologies (SWAT) Laboratory
San Diego Supercomputer Center
University of California, San Diego
San Diego, CA, U.S.A.