[kepler-users] [Mailman] Problem: Installing kepler 1.0 for fedora core

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu Feb 11 09:27:00 PST 2010

Santosh,

Your first error, the one about not being able to parse -kepler, is
typically due to a version mismatch problem.  Have you installed both Kepler
1.0 and some variant on Kepler 2.0?  If so that would explain it.  The
problem arises due to cached files in your '.kepler' directory, which on
linux is stored in your home directory.  Moving that directory out of the
way and letting Kepler recreate it usually solves the problem.  So you might
try:

$ mv ~/.kepler ~/.kepler.original

And then start the Kepler application.

Your second problem, not being able to contact the Registry service, is
likely due to a firewall issue, but it could be other things like a simple
network outage.  Does your network or your operating system restrict access
to some external sites?

By the way, you'll get much better advice if you write these emails to
kepler-users at kepler-project.org rather than directly to me.  There are
others who have a lot more current knowledge of the state of the system on
that list and they may have additional insights.  I'll cc the list to see if
they have more feedback or suggestions.

Matt