[kepler-users] Deleting parameters

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Sun Apr 11 09:47:30 PDT 2010

Hi Arwa,
I'm not sure if deleting the Parameter of an actor during a run will work,
but you could give it a try.   For example, what happens if the parameter
is referred to elsewhere in the model and you delete it?

The best way is to execute a MoMLChangeRequest that invokes a
<deleteProperty name="myProperty"\>
Try searching the Ptolemy II tree for deleteProperty for details.

You could try setting the container of the Parameter to null.  However,
using a MoMLChangeRequest is safer in that it means that the change will
happen at "the right time".  In addition, it is possible to undo and redo
change requests.  You may get some strange interactions if you just
set the container to null.

_Christopher