[kepler-users] [kepler-dev] SRB account needed ?

Jianwu Wang jianwu at sdsc.edu
Sun Sep 27 10:20:02 PDT 2009

Hi Matt,

    DICE group (http://diceresearch.org/DICE_Site/Home/Home.html) has
iRODS service now. Yet the previous SRB service is still there. My tests
two months ago for SRB actors still work. For iRODS service, they
implemented a new actor called DataGridTransfer. I checked it in Kepler
1.x. It's url at kepler trunk is
https://code.kepler-project.org/code/kepler/trunk/modules/actors/src/org/srb/DataGridTransfer.java.

    The DataGridFileTransfer actor has functionality similar to the
SRB/IRODS commands, namely Sget, Sput, iget, and iput.
DataGridFileTransfer  allows users to copy one or more objects from one
local/remote file system to another local/remote file system. The
following actor expects as input a reference to local or remote file
systems support by the Jargon API . This reference connection is created
from the source and destination URL values, Currently available file
system URLs are, file:///myDir/myfile.txt,
irods://username:password@myhost.org:1247/myDir/myfile.txt,
srb://username.domain:password@myhost.org:5544/myDir/myfile.txt, or ftp
and http urls.

Best wishes

Sincerely yours

Jianwu Wang
jianwu at sdsc.edu
http://users.sdsc.edu/~jianwu/

Scientific Workflow Automation Technologies (SWAT) Laboratory
San Diego Supercomputer Center
University of California, San Diego
San Diego, CA, U.S.A.