[kepler-users] Where to go with the problems of internationalization or how create account into forum?

Anatoly Loy anatoly.loy at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 01:26:05 PDT 2009

And current version of Kepler also contains similar lines:
code\kepler\trunk\modules\loader\src\org\kepler\KeplerConfigurationApplication.java:

		try {
			java.util.Locale.setDefault(java.util.Locale.US);
		} catch (java.security.AccessControlException accessControl) {
			// FIXME: If the application is run under Web Start, then this
			// exception will be thrown.
		}

2009/9/22 Anatoly Loy <anatoly.loy at gmail.com>:
> It turns out that Kepler (more precisely, Ptolemey) uses the locale only "US".
>
> Comment about this was found in version 1.0.0
> kepler.jar\ptolemy\actor\gui\MoMLApplication.java:
> [src]
>         / / Even if the user is set up for foreign locale, use the US locale.
>         / / This is because certain parts of Ptolemy (like the expression
>         / / Language) are not localized.
>         / / FIXME: This is a workaround for the locale problem, not a fix.
>         / / FIXME: In March, 2001, Johan Ecker writes
>         / / Ptolemy gave tons of exception when started on my laptop
>         / / Which has Swedish settings as default. The Swedish standard
>         / / For floating points are "2,3", i.e. using a comma as
>         / / Delimiter. However, I think most Swedes are adaptable and
>         / / Do not mind using a dot instead since this more or less has
>         / / Become the world standard, at least in engineering. The
>         / / Problem is that I needed to change my global settings to
>         / / Start Ptolemy and this is quite annoying. I guess that the
>         / / Expression parser should just ignore the delimiter settings
>         / / On the local computer and always use dot, otherwise Ptolemy
>         / / Will crash using its own init files.
>
>         try (
>             java.util.Locale.setDefault (java.util.Locale.US);
>         ) Catch (java.security.AccessControlException accessControl) (
>             / / FIXME: If the application is run under Web Start, then this
>             / / Exception will be thrown.
>         )
> [/ src]
>
> Partly for that reason was unable to ensure that Kepler used in the
> folder configs\ptolemy\configs\kepler instead of files
>
> uiContextMenuMappings_en_US.properties
> uiDisplayText_en_US.properties
> uiMenuMappings_en_US.properties
>
> appropriate