[kepler-users] Where to go with the problems of internationalization or how create account into forum?

Anatoly Loy anatoly.loy at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 01:19:36 PDT 2009

It turns out that Kepler (more precisely, Ptolemey) uses the locale only "US".

Comment about this was found in version 1.0.0
kepler.jar\ptolemy\actor\gui\MoMLApplication.java:
[src]
         / / Even if the user is set up for foreign locale, use the US locale.
         / / This is because certain parts of Ptolemy (like the expression
         / / Language) are not localized.
         / / FIXME: This is a workaround for the locale problem, not a fix.
         / / FIXME: In March, 2001, Johan Ecker writes
         / / Ptolemy gave tons of exception when started on my laptop
         / / Which has Swedish settings as default. The Swedish standard
         / / For floating points are "2,3", i.e. using a comma as
         / / Delimiter. However, I think most Swedes are adaptable and
         / / Do not mind using a dot instead since this more or less has
         / / Become the world standard, at least in engineering. The
         / / Problem is that I needed to change my global settings to
         / / Start Ptolemy and this is quite annoying. I guess that the
         / / Expression parser should just ignore the delimiter settings
         / / On the local computer and always use dot, otherwise Ptolemy
         / / Will crash using its own init files.

         try (
             java.util.Locale.setDefault (java.util.Locale.US);
         ) Catch (java.security.AccessControlException accessControl) (
             / / FIXME: If the application is run under Web Start, then this
             / / Exception will be thrown.
         )
[/ src]

Partly for that reason was unable to ensure that Kepler used in the
folder configs\ptolemy\configs\kepler instead of files

uiContextMenuMappings_en_US.properties
uiDisplayText_en_US.properties
uiMenuMappings_en_US.properties

appropriate