[kepler-users] Status of the "Save as Kar" functionality

Aaron Schultz aschultz at nceas.ucsb.edu
Wed Oct 21 10:32:27 PDT 2009

Hi Jim,

Save as KAR funtionality should be working, I noticed that error was
being displayed and have changed it so it does not get displayed in the
latest version of the Kepler svn trunk.  It should not have been
affecting the saving of the KAR file to disk however.

Documentation on the new KAR format can be found here:
https://kepler-project.org/developers/teams/framework/kepler-archive-kar
it will eventually make it's way to the User Manual but I haven't gotten
to that yet.

I've also updated all the actors that are shipped with Kepler to be 2.0
compliant so there's lot's of examples now here:
https://code.kepler-project.org/code/kepler/trunk/modules/actors/resources/kar/
(just note that in SVN we keep the MANIFEST.MF file at the root but when
it goes into the KAR file it is put in a directory called META-INF)

Hope that helps,
Aaron