[kepler-users] Status of the "Save as Kar" functionality

Jim Amrhein James.S.Amrhein at nasa.gov
Tue Oct 20 10:53:46 PDT 2009

Hi,
   1. What's the status of "Save as Kar" functionality. When I try to
create the kar, I get the error:
 "actor was not added to local library. KARs must be in local repository
to be added to the library"

Both repositories functionality were to be merged, but it doesn't look
like it's been finished (I'm using a recent build from this past weekend
-10/18)  Am I missing  something?

So my backup plan is to try to create the Kar file by hand, so I was
hoping the 1.x instructions would help :

https://kepler-project.org/developers/teams/build/documentation/developing-a-hello-world-actor-using-the-kepler-build-system-and-eclipse

but they didn't mimic the User Manual instructions on pages pgs 325-327
titled : 10.5.2 Saving a New Actor as a KAR File

Is there any documentation describing the Kar 2.0 format? In particular
I'm trying to update the Manifest to use Kar 2.0:

The 1.0 format is :

Manifest-Version: 1.4.2
KAR-Version: 1.0
lsid: urn:lsid:kepler-project.org:kar:528:1

Name: urn.lsid.localhost.entity.2.1.xml
type: actorMetadata
lsid: urn:lsid:localhost:entity:2:1

Name: HelloTutorial.jar
lsid: urn:lsid:kepler-project.org:jar:528:1
type: jar

The 2.0 format is similar , but the lsid creation is definitely been
changed:

Manifest-Version: 1.4.2
lsid: urn:lsid:gamma.msi.ucsb.edu/OpenAuth/:1081:13:1
KAR-Version: 2.0

Name: L2Extractor.xml
lsid: urn:lsid:gamma.msi.ucsb.edu/OpenAuth/:1081:12:1
type: ptolemy.actor.TypedAtomicActor

Name: L2Extractor.jar
lsid: urn:lsid:gamma.msi.ucsb.edu/OpenAuth/:1081:13:1
type: jar

Would this be valid?

Thanks,
          JSA