[kepler-users] PROVENANCE DATA WITH COMMAND LINE EXECUTION

Josep Morer Muñoz josep.morer at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 04:05:11 PST 2009

Hi all,

We are developing a web portal for executing Kepler's workflow. Our goal is
to execute workflows via command line and show provenance information
through the web. I have noticed when I execute a workflow using command
line, Provenance is not recorded.  It seems  the Provenance module is
initialized:

urops at urops-laptop:~/kepler_modules_source/build-area$ ant
run-workflow-no-gui
-Dworkflow=/home/urops/kepler/demos/getting-started/00-StatisticalSummary.xml

Buildfile: build.xml

compile:
  [compile] Compiling configuration-manager...
  [compile] Getting Ptolemy paths from
/home/urops/kepler_modules_source/ptolemy/.classpath.default
  [compile] Compiling module-manager...
  [compile] Compiling core...
  [compile] Compiling event-state...
  [compile] Compiling util...
  [compile] Compiling component-library...
  [compile] Compiling sms...
  [compile] Compiling data-handling...
  [compile] Compiling ssh...
  [compile] Compiling io...
  [compile] Compiling job...
  [compile] Compiling repository...
  [compile] Compiling authentication...
  [compile] Compiling gui...
  [compile] Compiling authentication-gui...
  [compile] Compiling ecogrid...
  [compile] Compiling opendap...
  [compile] Compiling actors...
  [compile] Compiling loader...
  [compile] Compiling r...
  [compile] adding compilation exclude: class
org.kepler.osx.KeplerApplicationListener will only be compiled on  Mac OS X
  [compile] adding compilation exclude: class
org.kepler.osx.KeplerOSXExtension will only be compiled on  Mac OS X
  [compile] Compiling apple-extensions...
  [compile] Compiling tagging...
  [compile] Compiling provenance...

run-workflow-no-gui:
      [run] Getting Ptolemy paths from
/home/urops/kepler_modules_source/ptolemy/.classpath.default
      [run] /home/urops/kepler_modules_source
      [run] Found OS Extension file:
/home/urops/kepler_modules_source/apple-extensions/module-info/osextension.txt
      [run] Ran additional initialization for module util from class
org.kepler.module.util.Initialize
      [run] Ran additional initialization for module tagging from class
org.kepler.module.tagging.Initialize
*      [run] Ran additional initialization for module provenance from class
org.kepler.module.provenance.Initialize*
      [run] loading: org.kepler.KeplerConfigurationApplication args:
ptolemy/configs/kepler/ConfigNoGUIWithCache.xml -runThenExit
/home/urops/kepler/demos/getting-started/00-StatisticalSummary.xml
      [run] invoking: org.kepler.KeplerConfigurationApplication.main
      [run] Kepler Initializing...
      [run] INFO  (org.kepler.gui.KeplerInitializer:initializeSystem:160)
Making directory /home/urops/.kepler/cache/
      [run] INFO  (org.kepler.gui.KeplerInitializer:initializeSystem:160)
Making directory /home/urops/.kepler/cache/cachedata/
      [run] INFO  (org.kepler.gui.KeplerInitializer:initializeSystem:160)
Making directory /home/urops/.kepler/cache/objects/
      [run] INFO  (org.kepler.gui.KeplerInitializer:initializeSystem:160)
Making directory /home/urops/.kepler/cache/RawData/
      [run] Process :java.lang.UNIXProcess at 1abdac9
      [run] Process complete: 0
      [run] [re]Setting sink type to: double
      [run] [re]Setting sink type to: double
      [run] [re]Setting sink type to: double
      [run] 1639 ms. Memory: 67008K Free: 8161K (12%)

However, no provenance information is recorded in our MySQL database. If I
execute the workflow using Kepler GUI, the provenance information is
recorded. Any idea?

Thanks for your cooperation and time, you are doing a very good job
--
Josep