[kepler-users] UTF-8 Support

Peter Reutemann fracpete at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 11:41:10 PST 2009

> I am on windows.
> As a test I altered the SimpleFileReader to open the file up specifically in
> UTF-8, which I believe worked.  However, when I did this, no text was
> displayed to the display actor in Kepler.  But I did have the output print
> out to stdout (even if it did just print a bunch of "?").
>
> Also, if I have a default install of Kepler, how do I modify arguments to
> the JVM?

[...]

> You can change the default encoding being used by starting the JVM
> with a specific "file.encoding" parameter:
>   java -Dfile.encoding=utf-8 -classpath ...

Not sure, I don't use Windows at all. Are you starting Kepler with a
batch file (if you're starting Kepler from the Start menu, check the
details of that shortcut)? Then the java call will be most likely in
there.

Cheers, Peter
http://www.cs.waikato.ac.nz/~fracpete/           Ph. +64 (7) 858-5174