[kepler-users] passing multiple data frames between RExpression actors

Derik Barseghian barseghian at nceas.ucsb.edu
Fri Nov 13 14:01:39 PST 2009

Hi Scott,

Are you using Kepler 1.0? I tested this with a simple workflow here,
and it seems to be a bug in 1.0, but not in the current development
version of Kepler in SVN. (I got two copies of the same dataframe in
my second Rexpression actor).
Saving the workspace between Rexpression actors is one solution, but --
save is a feature we try very hard to avoid using since it subverts
Kepler -- tokens aren't flowing along relations when it's used, and
can lead to confusion in later Rexpression actors where it's unclear
what variables are available. However you might use this as a stopgap
until we release 2.0, or if you're comfortable with checking out and
building Kepler from SVN, and willing to deal with things frequently
breaking and changing as we work towards 2.0, you could try the
development version of Kepler, the instructions for which are here:
https://kepler-project.org/developers/teams/build/documentation/build-system-instructions

Derik