[kepler-users] Unable to run the RExpression actor

Jean-Michel.Perraud at csiro.au Jean-Michel.Perraud at csiro.au
Thu May 28 02:51:56 PDT 2009

Hi,

Having a new workstation just today I just checked out from scratch the kepler trunk ('kepler' suite), compiled and ran with no hitch until I run a workflow with an R actor.
I have installed R 2.9.0 and the R application directory is definitely in the PATH environment variable.
For information I am running a WindowsXP 32 bit system with the JDK 1.6.0_13.
Debugging from Eclipse I gather that the R process seems sucessfully created. The exception occurs when writing input to the buffer (see below). The R expression is simply print(c(1,2)).
I think I have the same setup than previously (apart from R 2.7.X). Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards
org.ecoinformatics.seek.R.Rexpression
//
try {

_inputBufferedWriter.write(script);

_inputBufferedWriter.flush(); // IOException, "The pipe is being closed", line 797

_inputBufferedWriter.close();

} catch (IOException ex) {

throw new IllegalActionException(this, ex,

"Problem writing input. " + noRErrorMessage);