[kepler-users] internally connect actor

Bertram Ludaescher ludaesch at ucdavis.edu
Tue Jul 14 07:58:25 PDT 2009

Hi Chris (and Christopher):

Just a philosophical question: wouldn't it be more a director-level
component that would deal with "global" properties of a workflow/model? In
my mind, actors are those selfish little guys who don't care about the rest
of the world: just what the read, compute,  and what they write. Never mind
the predecessor, successor actors ...
(of course I understand that at the implementation level, they might "know"
much more)

Having said that, attaching the code (or hooks for it) for semantic type
checking etc. to the actor itself also seems quite neat, as it allows a more
object-centric, localized control, where each actor can "say" how much it
"likes" the connections being made to/from it...

interesting..

Bertram