[kepler-users] Using Kepler on a Rocks cluster

Sean Riddle swriddle at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 10:36:40 PST 2009

I just recently finished working on a project called WATERS (Workflow
for the Alignment, Taxonomy, and Ecology of Ribosomal Sequences), and
it also runs jobs on a Rocks cluster. It uses the Comad framework (so
data is managed as a stream that passes sequentially through all the
actors, each actor choosing what to add or remove), so it might be a
bit unfamiliar, but it could be worth a look.

I handled the Rocks cluster submission and monitoring through qsub
etc., but I do it in the Java code rather than at the actor level, so
that it can be abstracted away and hidden from the user.

A zip intended for end users can be found at daks.ucdavis.edu/
waters.zip. I believe the source is included. Hope it helps.

- Sean

Sent from my iPhone