[kepler-users] adding ontologies to Components

Chris Weed chrisweed at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 10:55:28 PDT 2009

I just checked out the latest version from trunk, and make a few discoveries.

Importing actors into the local repository using "Save in Library" creates
kar files in the "workflows" directory. I had previously created my own
workflows directory in the same place, and was surprised to find kepler
was using the same one. When I went to remove the directory, I found
that I wasn't the only one putting stuff in there. I am not sure this is the
best setup, I would really expect these kar files to be in the .kepler
directory.

I also found that when I saved an actor to the library, it didn't immediately
show up in the component tree. It would show up when i restarted kepler.

I also have had difficulty importing a third party ontology into kepler.
In addition to the need to name the ontology, I found my ontology
wouldn't show up unless I changed some of the doctype strings
and RDF namespaces to have the LSID, instead of a normal URI
like http://localhost:8080/myfile.owl. That stuff is a little of a mystery
to me, but I did get it working by twiddling these values.

FYI,
Chris