[kepler-users] How parameters can take part of long commands?

Josep Maria Campanera Alsina campaxic at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 12:10:38 PST 2008

Dear all,

How Do I use parameters to compose longer commands?
For instance in "Command Line Exec" actor within command blank space I'd
like to type:

"cp file1.txt > $param", where $param is a Kepler parameter defined out as
$param=file2.txt. This doesn work! Why?

As far as I can understand this only works when the whole command is saved
in the string parameter, like $param=cp file1.txt > file2.txt and then just
type param in the actor.

Well, so how can I fully play with parameters? Are they only for full
substitutions rather than parts? where can I find the syntaxis for composing
commands from several parameters, like "more $param1 > $param2"?

Thanks a lot for this magnificent software,

Josep Maria Campanera,

Josep Maria Campanera Alsina
Investigador Juan de la Cierva
Departament de Fisicoquímica