[kepler-dev] MyProxy Actor is Missing?

Altintas, Ilkay altintas at sdsc.edu
Tue Jan 27 16:25:57 PST 2015

Hi Jie,

Using the Globus transfer REST API via the REST actor might be a better solution for you.

The URL is at: https://transfer.api.globusonline.org

Best,
-ilkay

---
Ilkay ALTINTAS, Ph.D.
Director, Workflows for Data Science (WorDS) Center of Excellence - words.sdsc.edu<http://words.sdsc.edu>
Lecturer, Computer Science and Engineering @ UCSD

Phone: (858) 344-4020
Web: http://users.sdsc.edu/~altintas
Skype: ilkay.altintas
Twitter: @ilkayaltintas

On Jan 27, 2015, at 2:18 PM, Jianwu Wang <jianwu at sdsc.edu<mailto:jianwu at sdsc.edu>> wrote:

Hi Jie,

    MyProxy actor is at globus4.0.7 module. I can see it at https://code.kepler-project.org/code/kepler/trunk/modules/globus4.0.7/src/org/kepler/actor/MyProxy.java. I don't know why it doesn't show up in the actor repository panel. You can either have the actor by using its class (Tools->Instantiate Components and type "org.kepler.actor.MyProxy), or copy the actor from demo workflow: https://code.kepler-project.org/code/kepler/trunk/modules/globus4.0.7/demos/demoGRAMJobSubmissionAndMonitor.xml.

    Note that the module was not officially released and has not been maintained for a long time.  So you might meet some problems when using it with the latest kepler version.

Best wishes

Sincerely yours

Jianwu WANG, Ph.D.
jianwu at sdsc.edu<mailto:jianwu at sdsc.edu>
http://users.sdsc.edu/~jianwu/

Assistant Director for Research
Workflows for Data Science (WorDS) Center of Excellence
San Diego Supercomputer Center (SDSC)
University of California, San Diego (UCSD)