[kepler-dev] Kepler and SVN repository

Michal Owsiak michal.owsiak at man.poznan.pl
Fri Sep 12 04:47:14 PDT 2014

Hello Kepler team,

I'd like to ask whether you have some internal rules related to
tagging/branching released codes of Kepler.

I will start with the use-case that we currently have and this will
probably make it easier to understand the question.

We want to get Kepler release and apply changes into it's default codes.
Our code will change over the time and we are looking for a solid Kepler
base that will be stable all the time.

One way of doing so, is to get release prepared for download - but we
don't like this approach as we will get everything already compiled.

So, we would rather to checkout Kepler from a given location, apply
changes and build everything from the scratch.

However, it seems that performing:

mkdir kepler
cd kepler
svn co
https://code.kepler-project.org/code/kepler/releases/release-branches/build-area-2.4
build-area
cd build-area
ant change-to -Dsuite=kepler-2.4

gives us different results depending on the moment we perform that (it
looks like changes are checked into this repository).

Question is. Is there any chance to get the codes (from repository) that
were used during building release of Kepler (this one:
https://code.kepler-project.org/code/kepler/releases/installers/2.4/kepler-2.4-linux.tar.gz)

I am thinking here about some special tag/branch that is inside SVN and
can be checked out.

I would highly appreciate the info

Cheers

Michal

--
Michal Owsiak <michal.owsiak at man.poznan.pl>

Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry PAS
Poznan Supercomputing and Networking Center
Noskowskiego 12/14, 61-704 Poznan, POLAND

Phone: 00 48 61 858 21 81

http://www.man.poznan.pl