[kepler-dev] what's the CHANNEL in kepler

陈军 jam.chenjun at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 08:01:21 PDT 2014

hi,

"
https://kepler-project.org/developers/interest-groups/provenance-interest-group/interfaces-to-provenance-for-reap/?searchterm=schema
"
In this web page, there is the provenance database schema. In the
*port_event* table, there is a field *channel*.

"
https://code.kepler-project.org/code/kepler/trunk/modules/provenance/docs/provenance.pdf
"
In this document, there is an explanation. "A port event occurred at *time*,
 on port *port_id*, and on *channel* from actor firing *fire_id*."

I thought channel means that data flow path between actors.
But after I execute several different workflows and record the provenance
data and check the hsql provenance. I find that in the 48 lists of
*port_event* row, 47 lists of the *channel* field is 0, and the rest list
of the *channel* field is 1. Seems that my thought wrong.

So what's the channel in kepler provenance?
(Maybe channel is used by the underlying ptolemy sending tokens, but not
utilized by the kepler provenance module?)

--
陈军
School of Computer Science , Fudan University