[kepler-dev] best practices for minimizing process start-up latency?

Rich Morin rdm at cfcl.com
Fri Jan 10 09:44:38 PST 2014

On Jan 10, 2014, at 09:20, Christopher Brooks wrote:
> My responses are below.

Thanks!

>> The following questions have to do with the inter-actor "piping"
>> and best practices for command debugging and optimization.
>>
>> Q:  Can I add recording and/or archiving as attributes to a pipe?
>>
>>     So, for example, could I tell Kepler to turn on recording for
>>     particular pipes, without needing to explicitly add an actor?
>>     (This could be used for "tracing" key paths in an app.)
>
> I don't know of an actor that has access to pipes.  ...

Perhaps I should have said "plumbing".  I'm referring to the usual
communication channels used by Kepler/Ptolemy actors, not to Unix
named pipes, etc.

There was a talk at the PII meeting about hanging attributes on
connections.  I was wondering if something like this could be used
to enable archiving or analysis of the transmitted data, etc.

-r

http://www.cfcl.com/rdm           Rich Morin           rdm at cfcl.com
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/resume    San Bruno, CA, USA   +1 650-873-7841

Software system design, development, and documentation