[kepler-dev] Moving the ptII svn repository on Sunday, Oct 22

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Sun Sep 22 08:56:48 PDT 2013

Good idea, but there are problems.

I set up a CNAME for source.ptolemy.org to point to
repo.eecs.berkeley.edu, but when I point a browser to
https://source.ptolemy.org/svn/projects/eal/pret/, I get a warning about
certs.

The svn  command itself fails:

ealmac10:~] cxh% svn co
https://source.ptolemy.org/svn/projects/eal/ptII/trunk ptII
svn: OPTIONS of
'https://source.ptolemy.org/svn/projects/eal/ptII/trunk': SSL handshake
failed: SSL error code -1/1/33\
6032856 (https://source.ptolemy.org)

However, using the actual address works.
[ealmac10:~] cxh% svn co
https://repo.eecs.berkeley.edu/svn/projects/eal/ptII/trunk ptII
A    ptII/bin
A    ptII/bin/ptlndir
A    ptII/ptolemy
A    ptII/ptolemy/domains

svn+ssh access is not permitted on this repo.

The same is true of the anonymous access URL
https://source.ptolemy.org/svn-anon/projects/eal/ptII/ vs.
https://repo.eecs.berkeley.edu/svn-anon/projects/eal/ptII/

The only solution I see would be to get source.ptolemy.org added to the
cert and probably to the repo.eecs website itself.

Any other ideas?

_Christopher

cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu, 707.332.0670           (Office: 545Q Cory)