[kepler-dev] Error in eclipse

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon Apr 22 08:37:12 PDT 2013

Hi,
I'm not sure what the failure would be.   I'm not sure why
SplashWindow.disposeSplash() would be hanging.  The code looks like:

> /**
>      * Closes the splash window.
>      */
>     public static void disposeSplash() {
>     if (instance != null) {
>             instance.getOwner().dispose();
>             instance = null;
>         }
>     }
Probably dispose() is hanging?

What operating system are you using?  Windows?  Linux?

Precisely which version of Kepler are you downloading?

Below are some things to try:

1. Try removing the $HOME/.kepler and $HOME/KeplerData directory and
then try "ant run"

2. Try installing different versions of Kepler such as older versions
that have installers.

3. Reboot your machine.  Perhaps there is a process that is interfering
with Kepler starting up

4. Try installing on a different machine.

5. Get a stacktrace of the Kepler process.  See
http://i-did-not-know-that.blogspot.com/2006/03/generating-java-stack-trace.html
Under Linux or Mac OS, put the process in the background and then use
'kill -3 pid'.  Under Windows, use Ctrl-Break.

_Christopher