[kepler-dev] Invalid entries in Module Manager after patching of modules and a suite

Sean Riddle swriddle at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 10:35:39 PDT 2011

I talked to David about this behavior, and the problem comes down to a clash
between the patch checker, which is aware of remote sources, and the local
build system that works with locally downloaded modules. The references to
-2.2.^ modules, when you do the change suite, resolves to your local modules
2.2.0. The patch checker only kicks in on next run and immediately finds the
-2.2.1 versions of the modules.

We're going to look into this behavior, file a bug, and see if we can't
streamline it a bit. In the meantime, after the module manager reboots and
the patch checker installs the new modules, you should indeed be in a good
state.

- Sean