[kepler-dev] subversion 2.3 branch

Cesar Enrique Garcia Dabo cgarcia at eso.org
Wed Nov 16 06:26:15 PST 2011

 Hi,
I experienced the same problem both on a Linux and on a Mac OS machine,
killing and restarting did not help, even with a cleanup.
I didn't run any specific command, just "ant change-to -Dsuite=kepler-2.3"
As a workaround, I moved to the trunk version, but I plan to move back to
2.3 as soon as it becomes stable.

 Regards,
 Enrique

> I've checked out the 2.3 branches on windows (including just now) and mac a
number of times and haven't had this problem. Though I have run into filename
case issues like Christopher discusses in the past.

> A few people have had issues with svn checkout freezing. Typically you can
just kill it and try again to resume. I would try this if you haven't. You may
first want to run 'svn cleanup' in the module where the freeze took place.

> Also, note the build-area for 2.3 is different than trunk.
> This build instructions page suggested this might be the case, but was
overly complicated and out of date. I've cleaned it up:
> https://kepler-project.org/developers/teams/build/systems/build-
system/extension-build-system

> Derik
>

> On Nov 15, 2011, at 9:01 AM, Christopher Brooks wrote:
>
> > Hi Enrique,
> > The 2.3 branch is very fresh, so there could be issues.
> > I've seen issues surrounding that file because there are two different
versions of the file and they differ only by case.

> > Sadly, Windows and the Mac OS X default file system are case-insensitive,
case-preserving, which makes no sense in a modern world.

> > On these legacy :-) operating sytems, EPtolemyA/ and ePtolemyA/ map to the
same directory.

> > Unfortunately, the svn repository is hosted on a machine that is case-
sensitive, case-preserving, so these are two different directories.