[kepler-dev] What ever came of the OSGI initiative?

Aaron Schultz aschultz at nceas.ucsb.edu
Tue May 10 14:31:14 PDT 2011

Hi Frank,

Generally, I think most everyone working on Kepler eventually realized
that an OSGi-ified Kepler/Ptolemy was the best possible end result for
modularization of the system.  Unfortunately that realization happened
too late and the feeling was that we would not be able to achieve that
goal with the existing resources in a consistent and backward compatible
manner.  The system that was produced meets most of the goals of the
original Kepler Core proposal.

Christopher!  Glad to hear you have some funding to continue OSGi work.
Let me know if any more becomes available  :)   I have no doubt we could
find a good technical solution within the OSGi framework that maintains
an "open system".  Reflection is such a nasty business...

Aaron Schultz